1. The National Church Survey states that church members believe that a Pastor is good for all three basic things:
A. They know how to preach real good.
B. They know how to collect your money even better.
C. They know how to sell you a CD or DVD when you leave the service.
2. The National Church Survey indicates that approximately one hour after your members hear your sermon or message, they will for get it.
3. The National Church Survey indicates that most people will have to hear your message at least seven times to be able to retain only 25% of what they hear.
4. The national Church Survey reports stating that for every hour you teach or preach equates to 7.2 hours of wear and tear on your body as a minister.
5. The National Church Survey indicates that 97% of all pastors who retire at age 65 will be broke or sick.
6. The National Church Survey reports that 67% of all ministers do not tithe or give anything to the house of God.
7. The national Church Survey reports that pastors and ministers who do not demonstrate the importance of looking your best when coming to the house of God have 42% less consistency in attendance, tithing and commitment. ( EX. A national ministry in Dallas, TX. attributed a 36% loss of tithing revenue over 12 months to its pastor relaxing his appearance standards in church services.)
8. The National Church Survey reports that those who attend church generally contribute to an average of 13 different ministries ( most of which are television ministries).
9. The National Church Survey states that the national average of church goers who carry their Bible to church is only 24%.
10. The National Church Survey states that because most people don't carry their bibles to church are less likely to read their bibles during the week. Churches that display scriptures through various forms of media during services discourage attendees from bringing their Bibles with them to church.
11. The National Church Survey states that 87% of all church members do not enjoy PowerPoint teaching and are uncomfortable with their pastor not referencing his bible during the sermon. They comment that they do not feel like they have been to church if an actual Bible is not used by their Pastor.
12. The National Church Survey states that 94% of all church members do not like the automated telephone systems that their church uses to answer calls. A common opinion is that churches feel the people are suppose to serve them and give them their money.
13. The National Church Survey states that because most people don't carry their Bibles to church, they have forgotten how to locate most books of the Bible.